Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Mum

This following text is dedicated to LIDA, for she has encouraged me to post this piece of writing for you all to read....Hope you enjoy.

“Intelligent, diligent, independent, ambitious, strict but reasonable” are the best adjectives to describe my mother’s unique characteristics. Despite of the many hardships that has stormed in her miserable life, my mother still remains strong which, I would say, makes her one of the rare but best mothers in Cambodian society. In fact, in my family, the expense on everything, counting from those on our daily meal 3 times a day to the one on education of both my brother and I, has become a heavy burden of my young mother since the death of my father 12 years ago. As a young widow, she has to play both the role as mother and father. Everyday morning, she does all what an ordinary housewife normally does, sweeping and wiping the house, boiling the water, waking my lazy 10-year old brother,...etc. After finishing all the chore, she goes to the market to open her small store up. There, she spends almost 10 hours a day selling clothes. Backing home at 6 pm, my mum has to make the dinner ready and wait for us to have our dinner. Honestly, I don’t usually help her cooking, as both my little brother and I study till 7 pm. Frequently, I feel quite guilty that I cannot help easing the burden of my mum, not even one of the simple tasks at home every morning. My only chore is to do the washing up every weekend since my mum has to open up her store everyday, regardless of the weekly day-off most people enjoy. Though she is busy and tired from her day-work, she always finds time to be with my brother and me. She always advises us to study hard and need not to doubt about everyday school’s expense. Often, she warns us on how hard a life would be without good education, that’s why she sends us to one of the best institutions in the country, no matter how much she has to pay. Not a single second has she complaint about her hard work. Her wise advice, care and endless effort to get my brother and I high education, are all my inspirations to remind myself to study hard and to get a very high score at school, if not the highest, must be one among the highest. What I achieve in school, in return, plays as an effective role to encourage my mum to work harder in order to earn for our living. Everyday I usually try my best in my study, so that my mother’s effort is not in vain. She is the best mother in the world!

4 Fantastic Response/s:

Molida said...

As I read it again, I still say it is really touching.
Ur mom is the best for u whereas my parents are closest-to-perfect parent in my heart. I have tried to write sth abt them, too, but I can never get it done since my writing skill is not good enough to put what exists in my heart into words;-(
Really appreciate the tone that you use.

Harry said...

Wow so ... Cannot fine the right word to discribe this...

"Supermom"

Longdy said...

OH,,,,,such an emotional thing to read, indeed!!! Molida and Sovan, I know how great your parents are to you and how much you love your parents!!That's so good!!! and I give both of you A+++++ for that!!!

Van-ishing said...

Lida: Thanks that you're not boring reading this text again... I think all mums are great and have their own unique personality...and Hey stop reckon me...and look down on yourself...My writing is nothing better than yours...N show me the text about ur parents ok?

Harry:Thanks for giving such praise on my mum...'supermom'... Then can you call me "superdaughter"... OH I'd love it...

Longdy: Thanks for your A+++++, but your score is too high... Yes I love my mum nas... and I think every child love their mums too...