Friday, November 9, 2007

My trip to Vietnam

It's been nearly two weeks after I was back from my 5-day-holiday to Vietnam's Hochiminh and Dalat city. I've been kept very busy since then, so I hardly found time updating my blog. But eventually here I am, telling you about my trip.

Well, if you have been to vietnam, i guess ur first impression will be just like mind. Hochiminh city is full of motorbikes, I would say more than that in phnom penh, though there's less cars. ( I was informed that tax is 350% of the car's cost). Also, the width of most house is so small that I can't imagine how to live in such small space. Again I was informed that land's price there is extremely expensive. Land in the city centre (Hochiminh City) can reach up to US$7000 a square metre. OH how expensive! And traffic there is just as mess up (or even messier) than that in Phnom penh. Motorbikes just rides...inorganizedly. Suprisingly or curiously, I wonder why the vietnamese has the habit of having coffee at nearly midnight. And you believe it? A bookstore as big as IBC or perhaps bigger doesn't sell a single English book. But the vietnamese language version of Harry potter and the deadly hallow is now available in most bookstores and street bookstores in Hochiminh City. And you can get it for a good price, if you can read vietnamese.

However,I really appreciate vietnamese farmers for being industrial. Along from Hochiminh to Dalat, we past 3 mountain's range. You know what my impression is? Oh almost everywhere is ful of plantation, of coffee, tea, rubber, vegetable, fruit. They just have the habit of not leaving a single land unfarmed. The tour guide told me that the whole vegetable plantations in Dalat alone could support every household in Hochiminh City and even leave some for export to Cambodia. You know vietnamese vegetables we see in market are from Dalat City. Oh they are just hard-working farmers. Interestingly, Hochiminch city is named as the heart of VN's economy, whereas Hanoi is named as the heart of VN's politics. Yes! No doubt that the heart of VN economy is based in Hochiminch. Along the roads in the city's suburbs lie many factories, Suzuki, Toyota, food industries,...more and more. Compared to Cambodia, VN has more foriegn investments. That's why its economy is ahead from Cambodia's. And an underground road is now being built in Hochiminh and is due to open for travellers in 2010. Hopefully we will also have one in Phnom Penh.

P.S I write this text rushly... I apologize for the many mistakes I have made.

1 Fantastic Response/s:

Molida said...

Interesting, do u get the pictures of the mountain range that u described as full-of-plantation area? want to see it dol heay