Friday, March 21, 2008

Problems

No life is as easy as eating soup with spoon. In fact, we always confront with problems; that's real life. Problem! People tend to face/cope with a problem in different ways. Some choose to resent it, run away from it, or even deny the presence of problem in their life. Others understand more about life, so they accept the challenges in life. I, no different from other, used to feel very dreadful towards problems that come hamping me from reaching my goal. Mostly, I was afraid to apply for scholarship or enter any competition; I was really afraid of failures, afraid of the pain I would receive if I failed to pass. Even if I was on my way in reaching my goal, upon facing a problem, I felt so undermined that I gave up doing things. It is until recently that I have learnt to see problem as a testing machine, the one that helps me build my mental strength.

Since commencing uni, I have always longed for Peace Scholarship. Maybe, bcos it doesn't require applicant to sit in an examination or interview that urge me to try for the scholarship. Another thing is that, compared to other scholarships, I think I stand a better chance winning. I spent a great deal of time writing a 500-word essay, and filled in a 9-page application form. However, procrastination still haunted me. It was until the very last day, the deadline, that i managed to submit my application forms.

After submitting all necessary files, I reflected from when i started to work on Peace Scholarship application. I realized that I have solved many problems during the process. I have learnt to see problems more positively. I have come to consider problems as the way god uses to test my talents, to make me more mature, and capable of handling hardship enthusiastically.

So now I am ready to accept the result of my hard work, whether or not it is the grant of a 2 semester scholarship to Australia. If I dont get it, it's ok cos I still have another chance next year...

7 Fantastic Response/s:

Unknown said...

that's life all about! sometimes we manage to complete the job at the very last minute. i'm also one of the last-ditch person so u're not alone :) hehhehe... wish u gud luck with the Peace Scholarship.

Molida said...

Hmmm u r so great my girl. Honestly,m not a kind of person who is qualified enough to face the problems confidently. I still have a lot to improve.

Van-ishing said...

icebreaker: Thanks, I hope I would get it...Sometimes, I wonder why v tend to procrastinate doing stuffs like this...

da: how come you say m a great girl. i havent achieved anything special as you have.

Harry said...

You shouldn't and never afraid of being a failure. Talking about failure, who lose more than i do.

I fail in load of stuffs, to myself, competitions, love (also), but still I never give up. Why? cos my face is thicker than most people... Lol

Good luck with Peace Scholarship!

Molida said...

hey harry r u serious that u fail in love not fall in love?

Van-ishing said...

Harry: u used to fail/fall in love? Anyway I didn't fail much cos I have never been brave enough to try/join any competition. And thanks, hope I would get it. Longdy is on his way to the US, Pity me!

Harry said...

Yeah! i don 12 hide anymore... lol

Mayb i used to reject lots of ... that why! But i have to try, never give up... That's the spirit! Lolzzz