Friday, September 28, 2007

My voluntary work at VI, veteran international

Yesterday, I, along with other 5 volunteers at the Cambokids association, went to the Veteran International, an NGO who helps rehabilitating disabled people in Kean Klang near Chroy Changva bridge. It was so fun playing with those disabled chidren and the one from the nearby community (whose bodies are in normal condition). We, the volunteers, helped creating fun activities for the children. We told them folk tales and interesting children stories, coloring the sketch models designed by the Cambokids staff, and of course dancing the khmer traditional dances together (Coconut dance, Butterflies dance and more). The activities was finished with a great applause from those children and with a promise by the volunteers to go to the center again next thursday....Cant wait!!!!

*** Children there are so cute but little bit mischievous... Oh and you know? At my very first time in VI last week, I met a baby... hmm he was only 3 months old, but pitily had to undergo an operation. I later learnt that his legs were Kvean since birth... But despite the hurt from the operation, he didn’t cry and even laughed when a total stranger like me carried him unlike some other babies I met who always cried when seeing me (my baby cousin in particular).

P.S do you happen to know what “Kvean” is in English? Tell me pong...

0 Fantastic Response/s: