Monday, May 12, 2008

Emergency Aid's workshop/training

Few months ago, there was a 3 year-old girl in front of my house who drowned in the bathroom's pool right in her house. She was playing in the bathroom when she fell into the pool (arng tek). We didnt know how long she was in the pool before her dad discovered. But she was breathing very hard at that time. The little girl was laid on a bamboo bed outside her house with many neighbors surrounding her. However, none of them knew how to rescue the poor little girl. They tried this and that method, still the girl's situation didnt improve. After several attempts, the parents decided to take her to the nearest clinic. But everything was too late. The doctor tried his best but couldnt rescue her. Because she was just 3 years old, there was no ceremony for her parting. At that time I thought to myself, If only I or just one among the villagers had knowledge about EMERGENCY AID, the little girl's fate might have been different.

It was the time I recognized the importance of Emergency Aid's Education. It is not included in our school curriculum, neither anyone tells us how to react/help in this emergency situation. This has lead me to an idea on how to prevent or reduce such a dreadful thing happens among others. Now I'm thinking of suggesting a workshop/project to either SYC Alumni Association or to the Initiatives of Change Association, both of which I am a volunteer. First we can find someone who is knowledgeable on this area. He/She/They can give training/lecture/Guides on how to react when accident happens. However, if this is not possible, they can just train us and we can transfer what we learn to the villagers (can be children or adults or both).

But there're few problems regarding this project. First we might not be able to find someone who know about EMERGENCY AID. Second it might be a hard work learning about emergency aid. Third, if we the young people have to teach the older villagers, they might take it as an offense and wouldnt want to join our workshop.

So I'd like to ask you guys opinions on this idea of mine. What do you think?

P.S What do you think Icebreaker? Since you're kind of an initiator of SYC alumni.

4 Fantastic Response/s:

Molida said...

I believe your idea is great. In my opinion, we can figure out how to find reliable trainers, but there are many more steps to go through. Please tell me if I could help out with anything. I'm willing to join.

Van-ishing said...

thanks so much girl for supporting my idea. Of course ur help is welcome. Regardless of physical distance, u can contribute ur ideas... I'll keep u informed.

Unknown said...

I also support urs! :)

Van-ishing said...

thanks icebreaker... Shall i propose it on SYC meeting? But mayb not until v finish with SYC dissemination right?

btw how come u two up so late till 2 n 3 am?